Thursday, September 3, 2015

Eluding School? No Way!

Thanks for a wonderful Day # 2 today!

We had the chance to practice eye contact and speaking with confidence today, we you all paired up and tried to hold eye contact while having a conversation. We talked about how eye contact and presence lead to confidence as speakers, and you all did a GREAT job with a tough (and awkward) activity. Thank you!

We also explored our class blog a little bit, to get to know it and see what is here.

Our word of the day today is ELUDE, a verb which means to avoid or escape.

An example of our word in a sentence is: When I was in the 7th grade, rather than talk to my crush, I always tried to elude her in the hallways!

Our quotes of the day is from poet Theodore Roethke: "I learn by going where I have to go."

Our homework for tomorrow is to bring in all of your art and lines associated with our summer reading, The Outsiders.

Peace,

Mr. R

No comments:

Post a Comment