Thursday, September 10, 2015

Creative Writing To Learn

Hello!

Today, we had a wonderful day as we used our first five new vocabulary words in our own creative stories. You each crafted your own, original stories and used all of our first five words within the story. I can't wait to read them all!

Our word of the day today is PENSIVE, which means thoughtful, deep in consideration or wonder. An example of the word in a sentence is: When I was in fifth grade, I wanted to be a teacher; when I went to college, I pensively considered other jobs, but my heart loved teaching more than anything else. 

Our quote of the day is from the novel Elijiah of Buxton by Christopher Paul Curtis: "I know it ain't been easy, but you found where you supposed to be. You're home."

See you all tomorrow!

Peace,

Mr. R

No comments:

Post a Comment